UKNEST is a forum that promotes the Engineering, Science and Technology interests of UK Naval Defence. The forum is focused on topics that are important across the Ministry of Defence and UK Industry.
Since it was founded in 2005, UKNEST has managed numerous successful initiatives. These have included:
- Employee survey that highlighted the high proportion of older employees and the need for a significant increase in graduates
- Very successful undergraduate scholarship scheme that provides industrial mentoring, opportunities for work-placements and financial support for studies
- University Career Officer briefing, that was opened by the Minister for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Baseline technology road-map for future capabilities
- Representation on the Marine Industries Leadership Council and Defence Growth Partnership with leading roles on the Skills, Science & Technology and Supply Chain Working Groups